Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wear the hair differently

I have a hard time letting go objects, possessions and figures that are once close to the heart. I find it difficult to take a leap ahead because I carry this baggage around me.

Sometimes, I just wish that my past was a tad different. Not extreme changes like different families and etc but subtle changes like the people I used to associate myself with and etc. This is because the past hinders me from doing things differently. I feel that if I acted a different way than how I usually do, I feel like I’m swindling what I had despite it being gone ages ago.

Thus, I am now afraid to test new waters, afraid to take the plunge, afraid of being hurt again. But then again, how do you live life if you’re too afraid to try new things.

It’s truly a burden when you secretly want to be different but the heart says otherwise.

I’m 22 but I’m acting like a 60 year old. Someone needs to give me a vigorous shake and tell me that it’s ok to do things out of the norm.

I need to have the courage and write new pages of my life.



“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Alexander Graham Bell.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

-E.M. Forster.


4 comments:

Brownie said...

Here's your "good shake" from a stranger. I'm closer to 60 than I am to 22 - but it is okay to do things different than the norm. In fact, often it is healthier to be "out of the norm."

The past is behind you and although it is a part of you you don't need to let it define your future.

Black Rose said...

hi aina! :)
I can relate with what you have written.

@ brownie- that is indeed a "good shake". :)

aina said...

brownie-hey thanks.i really like ur comment.i'll remind myself that:))

black rose-*high 5* ;)

great8plus1 said...

alia- i wish u talk about this kind of things with me rather than just boys and fashion. i think all of us experience this once in a while and sometimes more often than not. what are u afraid of?
is it worth it to feel afraid of something that might turn into something incredible? face your fears, sayang :) cos we are all here to catch u if u ever fall